Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tayyabs...

Tayyabs
83 – 89 Fieldgate St
London E1 1JU
http://www.tayyabs.co.uk/
With my best mate, Chris living a spit from Brick Lane, having a curry was always going to be on the cards... Being a local, Chris claims to know all the best spots for a good feed and took us out to his favourite curry house, Tayyabs…
We left it to Chris to order, knowing he eats there once a week, and we were served a steaming mixed grill of meat (for everyone except me) and a bunch of veggie sides… For mains, again Chris handled the ordering, and we had a selection of meat and vegetable dishes with rice and naan bread…
For the most part it was great – at 42 quid for 4 people, I was pleasantly surprised by the value… Bringing your own drinks helped the cost also… Service was fantastic, and the staff were more than happy to bag up our leftovers for us to take away…
The only downsides for me were the lack of vegetable biriyani (my preferred dish) and the poor lighting – I know Corrie was struggling to see with the low lights…



No comments: