Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sunday 6th April 2008

Sunday 6th April 2008

This morning we started at the Time Warner Centre, it is a lovely building, but with all the usual stores inside, nothing too special really… On our way there we found the Christmas Cottage which was on my list, we have a tradition of getting a Christmas decoration from every place we go and couldn’t find one last time…

Crossed the road to central park, we had no real idea about anything in particular that we wanted to achieve in there this time and so just strolled along.. Immediately we hit a little cafĂ© spot, I had a yummy hot chocolate as we kept on… We were just taking in the sites, a marathon, lots of squirrels, kids and their folks, a couple of kids being taught baseball by their Dad with hilarious results, a baseball game in the ball field which was really good, though being still for long periods made me freeze!

We made it out the Upper East Side which was my plan, just wanted to cruise around and see what there was to see… Lots of big buildings with doormen in a fancy get up, and what appeared to be a Greek celebration, with Greek flags and traditional dress all over the streets… We stumbled upon the Gotham City Comic store, which was quite hidden away, the staff was really helpful and although he didn’t have what I was looking for, he did let me know that they ship all over the world, so if they get it in they could deliver it to me, good to know… Needed to use the bathroom and spotted Bloomingdales so killed 2 birds with one stone, a lot of the things on my list they didn’t have, so I just ended up picking up a couple of Kiehl's items and moving on…

On to Tiffany on 5th, I had been meaning to go here earlier but I was feeling too intimidated to go in alone, so now with back up I was ready to get my pendant… We got the elevator up to the third floor and waited for a while to be served; I was really hot but was wearing a Zombie shirt under my hoody and thought it inappropriate to wear a zombie shirt in Tiffany… Eventually we got service and I swapped my preference from one heart pendant to another, cuter but slightly more expensive pendant… And home we went to get ready for the game…

Headed to Madison Square Garden to see the Knicks play Magic… Was fairly unimpressed by the crowd, not many of them seemed that into the game even though the Knicks were winning – if only just – the whole game… We were both on the edge of our seats, but I felt like it was hard to be vocally excited as the people around us seemed so uninterested, 2 groups of 1 parent and their children and their friends just so happened to know each other and sent their kids off to a closer seat while they talked on their phones and played Tetris on their phones etc, this was a bit off putting… I have wanted to see an NBA game since I was about 13 and first took an interest in the NBA, so overall I was really happy to be there, really happy to have seats that allowed us to see, and absolutely stoked that the Knicks won!!! The game went on forever, half the stadium had cleared out in the last couple of minutes on the clock which went on forever! We started walking to the station and changed our minds and grabbed a cab, home in no time! Still too amped to sleep so stayed up a while, and then slept in today…

No comments: