Friday, April 4, 2008

Thursday 3rd April 2008

Thursday 3rd April 2008
Today was Downtown Day… We started out on a mission to get to Century 21 before it got crowded… I didn’t really want to see the World Trade Centre site this time as last time I was completely overwhelmed by emotion and stayed that way for a whole day… Well if you are going to C21 you are going to see the site… It’s still such a big empty space and for me it is filled with so much loss, still… On we went to C21, was a great shopping experience, no crowds, great things to buy, some gifts and of course things just for me J
Moved on to the Brooklyn Bridge, I wasn’t too interested in doing this again but Mark wanted to and marriage is about compromise so we did it… Last time we did it at night and I must say I was certain the bridge was going to collapse – irrational fear of heights – this time it felt much safer, there were loads more people too, which almost took away from the experience, but overall I am glad we did it…
With our shopping and cold faces we headed back to the station, dropping in Flight Club on the way to get some more sneakers, great store by the way, really helpful staff! Came home and dropped all of our shopping to head back out for some lunch… Went to Risotteria on Bleecker and had…risotto SURPRISE, haha, it was really good! Mark had the mozzarella and pesto, and I had the lamb, gorgonzola and spinach, we were both impressed and happy with the choice we made… Home for a little snooze before the Big Game…
I’m still not certain what made the Yankees v Blue Jays game ‘premium’ but what I can say is I LOVED it! It started slow and I was planning my escape with strike out after strike out and nothing to take my mind off the cold, then all of a sudden things started happening, and it ruled, the Yankees won! I was surprised at my own excitement, this game is wicked! And it was also really cool that everyone all around us were all talking to each other, and once they found out where we were from everyone wanted to know all about us and also helped with the back story of the Yankees, the back stories of the players, rules and other random info… A great night, though this morning my cold has relapsed, I’m sure it’s to do with the hours we spent in the freezing cold last night screaming and jumping in and out of our seats…
Another great day!




No comments: