Sunday, June 1, 2008

Football - Melbourne V Juventus - Telstra Dome - 30th May 08

Football - Melbourne V Juventus - Telstra Dome - 30th May 08

This was my first football (I have to untype it every time I type soccer) game... An interesting one to choose as it was Melbourne Victory V Juventus, a team clearly much better then ours... We arrived at the Telstra Dome early, went to find our seats... Now we only got tickets 2 weeks before the game so all of the good seats were taken, we found ourselves on the third level, at a scary height, but with a great view of the pitch...
It was a challenge getting to and staying at the seats because of my irrational fear of heights, but once we had settled in it was bearable... Within the first 5 minutes Juventus scored leading me to believe that it was going to be an absolute creaming, but right up until the last minute I thought that there was a chance that we could tie, but unfortunately we didn't... We lost 4 - 1 with 2 goals scored in the last minutes... Needless to say, I enjoyed the game (not the seats) and am thinking the we will probably become Melbourne Victory members before the week is out...






No comments: