Friday, July 25, 2008

Life with My Sister Madonna

Life with My Sister Madonna
by Christopher Ciccone & Wendy Leigh
www.amazon.com



Cruising through Borders on Wednesday looking for a gift for Mark I noticed this book on sale... I had intentions of reading it from the first moment I heard about it, but for some reason never thought it would be on sale over here... So I snapped it up within seconds and spent the rest of my break reading it... Finished it today and must say that I thouroughly enjoyed it...

To all the haters and media saying how negative and spiteful it is, I disagree... I see it as a siblings journey, yes a sibling to one of the most famous women on earth, but it is his journey of finding out who he is apart from just being her brother... The moments where it feels angry or sad its understandable, people always hurt eachother... Overall it hasnt affected my view of Madonna who I always considered quite cold and manufactured, but she was still the queen of the dancefloor to me when it mattered most...

I enjoyed it, and kept trying to steal moments to finish it... It feels like an honest account of Christophers life, even though Im not a fan of him, the way he comes across in interviews is creepy... If you a fan of Madonna its a recommended read, a more touching account of her life then the other unauthorised biographies out there and probably a more honest glimpse of her world then she would dare let us see herself...

No comments: