Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Other Boleyn Girl - Film

I am a fan of Philippa Gregory as well as having an avid interest in the Tudors, so as you could probably imagine I was very excited about this film... Unfortunately when we were going to see it we decided that £14 at Leicester Square was a bit much on limited time...

Now that the DVD release has happened Cricket and I made a time to watch it (she introduced me to the book in 04)...

I have very little that's positive to say about this film... The casting wasn't great, the story was chopped up beyond what could be perceived as a full picture of the story, at one point about 4 years passed in a ten minute period (without letting the audience know that was the case) and some key elements in relationships and character development were missed... Am glad that I didn't pay to see it in London, its not worth the money, or the time...

No comments: