Thursday, December 31, 2009

Friday 11 September

Friday 11 September

It was a rainy day today, we grabbed a bagel from a street vendor and jumped on the subway downtown to Century 21, I knew it was probably going to be really sad downtown on this day, and while I expected an influx of people I didn’t expect closed roads, big crowds and some sort of parade... We ducked and weaved through loads of people to get to century 21, I didn’t want to go to ground zero this time, the last two times we have been I found it really distressing and didn’t want to be that way in front of my baby... Century 21 sucked hours of our time, we bought loads of stuff for Marley and a few bits and pieces for ourselves, if you go in the morning early enough it really isn’t very busy or crazy, that said I have never been any time but the morning...
Mark went from here record shopping for the afternoon, Marley and I went back to the apartment and chilled... The rain outside was intense! After I watched a film, Marley woke and I decided to venture out to Juniors to get some cheesecake... The minute we stepped onto the street I knew it was a mistake! Pulled our hoods up and walked to Juniors, stopping under cover every now and again, with everyone else! Got the cheesecake – staff there are always so lovely and engaging... and then the rain came down even worse – if that was even possible... I dropped into footlocker Times Square to buy a big golfing umbrella which made it all much easier, holding it up high so we didn’t attack anyone we walked around a bit, showing Marley the lights and billboards then back to our room to eat it, gee it was goooood!
Mark got home later and once Marley was in bed we ordered Daisy Mays BBQ, it was sooooooo good, you have to go here or order in from here, the fixins are amazing!

No comments: