Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby

Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby

It was suggested by Mark that now I am a football fan I might like to read this book... I was thinking that I really enjoyed the film adaption 'The Perfect Catch' starring Drew Barrymore, I may like it... To begin, I don't know how the screen writers or whoever got that film from that book!

The book itself felt looong... There were definite moments I could feel like I related, but mostly it felt quite self indulgent, if you didn't support the gunners then maybe you were better off not reading it... It probably would have sat better if it wasn't so team/player specific, because I couldn't care less about the styles of players in the EPL 20 years ago... However if you are a fan of EPL, EPL history or Arsenal, you should definitely read it!

No comments: