Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lady Gaga’s Monster Ball at Rod Laver Arena


Lady Gaga’s Monster Ball at Rod Laver Arena
I am new(ish) to the Lady Gaga bandwagon, and to be honest it was my baby girl that got me into her music… I have watched her fashion/art installations from the start but couldn't get into the chorouses, all I had heard, of her music (think 'Just Dance' and 'Poker Face' choruses on ads etc for months, eeek!)… Marleys obsession with Bad Romance changed that…
The show delivered from all aspects… She looked amazing, her cast of dancers were brilliant, she can belt out a live tune and then some… She is an actual musician, not a cookie cutter pop princess as I had previously thought…
I always worry seeing a one album singer, even Beyonce and Santogold both felt short of material, but Gaga took you on an adventure with her… Looking for the Monster Ball and taking you with her to find it… It really felt that you were with her on this, aside from brilliant music, outfits, a spectacle from beginning to end, she talked with the audience so much it felt like it was all really real…
If you are a fan, or not, and there is a ticket available to any of her shows ever, I suggest you take it… I wish we had more tickets to her shows…

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wish I went to this now...