Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The crèche run...

Marley goes to crèche one day a week, so that I can work... Mum has her other work times, so I am extremely lucky to not have to send her to the care of trained professionals more then once a week... It was a decision I never planned on making, but I need to work, and this is just how it's gotta be... There are pros and cons to sending her...

The best part is getting a full day to myself... I may be working but all day I can think about whatever I want, zone out in between clients, listen to offensive music in the car, just get some grown up time... The very best thing is her face lighting up as she calls out 'mama!' when I arrive to pick her up, we are both so happy we turn off the stereo in the car and sing to each other the whole way home!

The two worst parts are how much I miss her, it's huge and sometimes I struggle to supress it... The other worst thing is that when I do pick her up we then have to get in the car to go home, instead of smothering her with love, which is probably why we sing... Usually a medley of her current favourite nursery rhymes... Today it was 'pop goes the weasel', 'row, row, row your bowt' and 'baa baa black sheep'... Kid just fills me with joy!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Too cute!