Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sickness ending with cake, everything should...


Things in this place have been on the decline healthwise... Marley picked up a cold, passed it on to me, got better, I started getting better, then picked up another strain which I gave back to her and to Mark... Two weeks of fevers, coughs, snot, exhaustion, and finally it feels like we have all peaked and might make it all well by the weekend *fingers crossed* it's mine and Marks birthday weekend and there is a hotel room in the city with our names on it!

In these turbulent weeks I really wouldn't have survived without the help of Mark and my mum... After broken sleep with a coughing toddler, I was sneaking little sleeps through the day while mum looked after Marley, it definitely helped... But when Mark was off work today I was definitely jealous that he got to sleep all night, on great cold and flu drugs (which I have been yearning for), sleep in this morning and stay in bed most of the day... But it's always different for the mama, there is no annual leave for mums... Or good drugs for pregnant women, been surviving on Vicks Vapo Rub Greaseless Cream and Lemsip... Now we are almost clear of disease, mum has delivered some yummy home made banana cake, and we are settling in with hot chocolate, cake and Dexter...




No comments: