Sunday, June 19, 2011

Kylie Minogue Aphrodite Les Foilles

I am only semi embarrassed to admit that I am a Kylie fan from way back... Her cheesy pop and dance hits have been part of soundtrack to my life... As a little girl doing the 'Locomotion' with my cousin, 'Better the Devil' you know at 3 Faces when I was an underage teenager, 'Confide in me' when I was sussing out what direction my life might take, it goes on... I am the first to admit her more recent music sucks, and that she can't actually sing, but that's okay... I am nothing if not loyal...

Her latest album didn't float my boat at all, and I wasn't going to go to the Aphrodite tour, but when a 3rd show was released it was like a sign! We got brilliant seats on the floor 3 rows back, couldn't have asked for more...

Please excuse the extremely bad quality of my iPhone pictures, but they are to give you an idea of the amazing set up... The stage was mind-blowing, a beautiful sensory overload... Visuals of an underwater paradise, to quote Michelle, it felt Atlantis... I felt almost teary with all of the beauty!



The show started off amazing, but honestly it got worse as it went on.. Poor song choices and versions, along with less coordinated themes and costumes as the night went on... The lovely thing about her costumes are that while it's clear that she still has a smoking hot body, she covers it up a little, unlike the atrocities that Madonna had worn and performed in her very late 40's... By the last part of the show, I was done, close to bored, and then there was the encore...


Only a few meters in front of us, the water part of the show... The highlight 'all the lovers' with everyone all wet writhing around, it really was amazing... She did well to go out with a bang... All of this said, I think it's over with her, I have seen her 5 or 6 times live and I think it's all I need...

No comments: