Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Finding a GP...

I have had the same GP since I was 12 years old... She also sees my mum so has all of our family (cancer) history, so I have never stopped going there, despite the fact that we now live 10 - 15 minutes away... When Mark came to Australia, when I had babies, we all continued to go there... With the long waits, long drive, and hard work to secure an appointment...
When Mace seemed unwell last week, I couldn't get an appointment, and my dodgy back up doctor 500m down the road was closed until Tuesday (!!!) I had to look for another GP... There was another one, 2 minutes (if that) away and I thought I would give it a go, open 7 days, and late almost every night, they sound too good to be true! We got an appointment with ease and on arrival the waiting room has a kids room! With toys, tv and seats for young and old, Mace didn't want to leave this place...
The Dr was lovely, thorough, easy to talk to... I am seriously thinking that it is time to make the change... Not necessarily for me, but for the kids, maybe even Mark! I guess best to get them a new private GP locally in a new family practice, while they are still young... It is hard to find a good GP, maybe now we have found one, I should stick with it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: