Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Your child's first winter in childcare...

Is always shit...

We discussed this when deciding on having a second baby, it went like this 'that first winter in childcare is going to suck, we will all feel like zombies and we are going to hate it!' hit the nail right on the freaking head there! Having forewarning doesn't help a great deal in this case because there is close to nothing you can do...

The kids are in crèche one day a week, both since their first birthdays... I am not a fan of crèche, I had babies so that I could have them, it is important to me that for the first 5 years of their lives they are cared for by their primary and secondary carers, not paid staff... But girls got to work, and that is non negotiable... Crèche has benefits, but in winter I fail to see them, kids come home sick or fighting some germs every other week, it gets you down... This past 7 days Mace has had a full on chesty cold, we are talking snot, bad sleep, no appetite, bad behaviour, and Marley has been fighting it, and fighting with everyone... This week has absolutely sucked, I have almost cried at my helplessness and powerlessness several times, the tears just didn't have time to come! I am just venting, but if you are planning to send your baby to crèche, this awesomeness might just await you...




Even in all of the crazy, they do still have moments of sweetness...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: