Saturday, August 11, 2012

Diamonds are forever...




If you know me, you know that I'm not really into jewellery... But I have wanted this ring for almost my entire adult life...
When I was in my very early 20's my auntie came down from Cairns and had recently bought this amazing ring, 5 brilliant diamonds in a platinum band... Every time she moved her hand it sparkled in the light, and I thought that one day, I would like a ring just like that... As life went on I kept that in the back of my mind... I didn't want a flashy engagement ring, there was no way that anything we could afford could compete with my hearts desire, and in all honesty I couldn't wear a big diamond to work, then or now, I just don't feel like it would be fair on my clients... But I could wear my engagement ring, I loved it and it was modest enough not to get mugged for, and I was beyond happy that the love of my life had proposed and that was enough... Still, I hoped that one day we would purchase a ring like this, my dream piece of jewellery...
Recently the opportunity presented itself, and we took it... Mark calls it the 'just because your awesome' ring, I like that...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: