Monday, August 27, 2012

Hilltop Hoods and Briggs at Festival Hall...

I have been a big fan of the Hilltop Hoods for the last ten plus years... Back when I was young, and they were coming up, I caught every show they did from 2001... From a tiny little show in Geelong, Big Day Out side stage, Big Day Out main stage, their first London show, Metro (now Palace), and every little club gig in between... They are my favourite Australian hip hop act, closely followed by the Funkoars...

Having Marley obviously changed my life, I dropped off the scene... Leaving the beautiful humans and music behind... I saw this show was on but my Mum wasn't arriving back from her month around the US until the day before... Then, for some reason she agreed to have them and I tried to book tickets, they were sold out, but Briggs came through with a hook up (to my excitement!), and it was on...

I was stoked that even though Festival Hall was sold out, there was still LOADS of room! The bar choices were crappy so I indulged in one drink and didn't bother with another... I was clearly on the minority, messy humans every where!

It was good to catch some of Maundz set, felt bad that it was still so empty for him... I felt that maybe if it was more full, he would have played differently? It's a tough set, but I am glad we caught it!



Then it was time for Briggs, it was so good seeing him do a solo show, that's how long I have been gone! Dude has stage presence, charisma and skills... Was so impressed, and proud of him!!! It's so good when you see an artist from day one, how much he has grown into his act, big things ahead for Briggs!!!

Horrorshow played, I wasn't feeling it, but the crowd definitely was...

Of course the Hilltop Hoods smashed it, it was expected! They are professionals, their show has come a long way since the last time I saw them! With all of the same luxuries of big international acts, big screens, pyrotechnics, crowd eating out of their hand! Dudes have energy, presence, they are still completely enthralling... The only downside was that I felt that they played more of their 'new' stuff, which makes sense, but it's their old stuff that started my love affair with them... In any case, the show was dope!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: