Sunday, August 12, 2012

Nirvana...



Music makes me so sentimental...  Or my sentimentality is brought to the surface by music...  Nirvana is one of those bands that has meant so much to me, from the first time I heard them, right through...  I am still deeply saddened by Kurt's death, I was a teenager when it happened and I was devastated, few artists have the impact that he did on me...

Yesterday one of Mark's friends was saying (on twitter) that he had been to the Seattle Nirvana exhibit, it coincidentally has come up while Mark and I are considering what child free holidays we might like to take in our future, and we have decided that in a few trips we will head to Seattle to check it out...  I know Kurt was from Aberdeen, but the exhibit is the main thing I want to check, I think it will be the start of a holiday, I would hate to go on our way home and then be miserable, we did that at the Twin towers site in NYC on our first trip there, it was too sad!

Anyway, check the interview, his parting sentiments are a good reminder that no matter what went on later, at one point he and Courtney were deeply in love...

No comments: