Monday, September 17, 2012

Jamie Oliver's Mountain Meatballs with Chilli Sauce - Vegetarian Adaption

We don't eat a lot of meat in our home, Mark is vegetarian, combined with lactose intolerance, so we eat a lot of vegan dishes... A couple of times a week I like the kids to eat meat, and don't mind a bit of it myself... This is one of those dishes that is incredibly easy to make a meat and vegetarian option, but overall it is a long dish... I like 30 minutes as a general meal preparation/cooking length, but this takes over an hour, which is why I don't do it often... But I love it when I do... You can find the recipe in Jamie's America, just make half of the meatball mix in a separate bowl for fake mince, and the other with real mince... I make double the sauce because I love it, but with a little less coffee...



You can't even tell the difference by looking at them!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: