Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Chocolate, peanut and banana ice 'cream'

My daughter Marley is a diva, I say this in the 'a lot of truth is said in jest' way... So she has loved bananas her whole life, so regardless of prices ($16 per kilo after the last cyclone, around $2.50 per small banana), I let her have one every single day of her eating life... In the past few months she, and now her brother Mace, have gone right off them... I still think that they are awesome and continue to buy them in hope that they will change their minds... This means I have loads of bananas going brown, so I break them into pieces and freeze them, then I do this:
Banana, chocolate and peanut ice 'cream'
(Can be vegan, check brackets for vegan option)
1 frozen banana
1 tsp peanut butter (crushed peanuts) - you can add more if you are really into the nuttiness, I am not
1tblsp chocolate (vegan chocolate)
Dash of milk (soy or rice milk)

Blitz it all together, eat quickly before banana stops being frozen!

It's really good for an almost healthy option! If it's the three of us, I double the recipe! Take that kids thinking you don't eat bananas!!!
















No comments: