Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cabin in the woods...

I have delayed talking about this... I love Joss Whedon... For at least six years not a day went by that I didn't watch several episodes of Buffy/Angel, and in my insomniac years, many more... Even in those first years with Mark, I went to sleep watching every night... And my daily dose continued right up until I had Marley, as with all things unsuitable for kids (most notably hip hop) I gave it up... When Cabin in the woods was announced, I was over the moon! Not only was it Joss, but basically an all star cast, couldn't wait to see it... Finally I got the opportunity, I even made Mark watch it with me, such was my belief in the greatness of this film...

It just wasn't as good as expected... It read like a montage of Buffy and Angel episodes put together to create a movie... If you have seen the episodes at length, it might be different, or maybe you felt the magic because of Joss and the cast? But I didn't... It is the first time since the Dr Horrible blog that he did, that I haven't been well and truly sucked in... You will have to decide for yourself, but I definitely won't be watching it again...















No comments: