Friday, January 18, 2013

Dirty Dancing...

So another day, another film... Dirty Dancing was, for many many years, my favourite film... As a girl I watched it every day after school, I was 10 when I watched it for the first time, at the cinema... What compelled my mum to take a 10 year old to see a film called 'Dirty' Dancing, a film about love and sex and abortions, topped off with some Daddy issues, is beyond me! But Mum let me watch relationship inappropriate films, and dad let me watch horror inappropriate films... In any case I loved it, I love the story, the characters, the actors, the dancing... And after so many years I still do... It's a great film, I still absolutely adore it!

I find it funny how hot I thought Patrick Swayze was back then, as a girl... As a grown woman he still has an amazing body, and his character is awesome, but there is no way I would tap that! It was really nice of the kids to let me watch the last scene uninterrupted! I watch one film in countless sittings, so it was a joy to get that 12 minutes of quiet!!!










1 comment:

LauraO said...

Haha this made me smile. Nothing beats the movies from when we were growing up... :-)