Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Katy Perry - Part of me and a bit of hip hop chat...

I need to make a few points before I begin... I went to Raise the Roof at the Espy last night with my girl Kelly... Briggs and The Funkoars absolutely smashed it... They really need a Golden Era show, like the scale of Supafest, but just their crew, would be crazy... That lot are seriously the cream of the crop right now! It was surprisingly quiet, and the crowd was random at best! Because of this night out, I am suffering an extreme hangover, and desperately needed something mindless to sit with... Cue Katy Perry DVD...

I am not a fan of her music, there is one song of hers that I don't mind, but that's it... It's her voice that has just an irksome tone, it makes me crazy... However as a human, she is hilarious... Loved her in the sesame st song and on SNL she was funny to the point of being an actual comedian! I also adore Russell Brand and thought they were a cute couple, even though they clearly got married far too quickly! So her Part of me DVD is a take on that tour, all of it, including the break up... It had me in tears (this is hangover emotion), I can't imagine losing my husband, certainly not so publicly, I was really impressed with how she put it across... I was also impressed with how often she didn't wear make up in the DVD, she has a really pretty face! If you are a fan of her, or her music, or of Russell Brand, watch it...















No comments: