Sunday, April 21, 2013

Leek, zucchini and chick pea soup... Delicious AND vegan!

It's on, soup season has begun in our house! This summer I ate a LOT of salad, and this winter it will be a LOT of soup... I was cruising the Food vegetarian cookbook and found a recipe I liked but didn't have the stuff for so I just freestyled it my own way... It was delicious! No animals, but full of protein, veggies and not super carby!

Leek, zucchini and chickpea soup
Lug of oil
1 leek
2 zucchini's
1 stick of celery
Tin of chickpeas
800ml veg stock
Handful of parsley

Lug of oil in pot
Chop and fry leek until soft
Chop and fry all other veg
After 4 mins add stock
Simmer for 15 mins
Blend
Add parsley right before serving

Easy peasy right!!! I forgot to take pictures, so got a quick snap of the kids...

No comments: