Monday, May 6, 2013

Shooting a gun...


We had planned to go to The Gun Store the last time we were in Las Vegas, but didn't get there... This time we did!

I have conflicting emotions about guns... I don't support the gun laws in the US, I believe that if those laws changed that there would be less senseless gun related death, and that the NRA should really suck a fat one... But spending a large part of my life interested in hip hop culture, there is obviously gun culture by association... My Dad was deep into guns too, but I had forgot about that until my uncle reminded me upon seeing my awesome zombie target...

The queue was about an hour at the gun store, we were chillin by the pool for hours before going... We were both anxious about it as the queue shortened, but we were in, and next thing you know I have a Glock in my hand and am being shown how to use it! Those first ten rounds I wasn't even aiming... My head was reeling 'I am holding a gun' ' I am shooting a gun' 'I hate guns' 'guns kill people' 'this is dangerous, powerful, shouldn't be doing it etc' and then I got used to the weight, the kick back, and it was time for the ruger... I was definitely more comfortable, finally looking through the site, and aiming, mediocre, but I was starting to like it.. And finally she put the beretta in my hand, this gun becomes a part of you, your hands, shoulder, cheek, all against it, a part of it... It felt right, and I got why some people are passionate about their weapons... Then I shot it, and I was hooked! I did well on my target and then it was over... I was rushing, pupils dilated, addicted...

Hours later I had come down, and for the past two days haven't really stopped thinking about it... I really loved the experience, as classless as it may be, I was good at it! There aren't many above board physical things that I excel at, and the thing I am, isn't a thing at home... If you are ever in Vegas you should check it out, was an amazing experience!

No comments: