Monday, July 29, 2013

Aleague Allstars v Manchester United

It's been a week, and my opinions haven't changed... I was hoping that they would, but no... We love football in the offseason! So when they announced that there would be an allstars game, the idea really appealed to us... I loved the idea of getting to choose a team and back that team, first mistake... The team that actually played barely resembled the team chosen, more like the Aleague NO Stars... How could they organise it at the same time the Socceroos (our best players) are away!?! The minute I saw the line up, I started to regret getting tickets (flights and accommodation)... But we had everything paid for and childcare, so we went...

There are a couple things we like to do in Sydney, so we checked those out, then met up with some people at a bar and after a few Moscow Mules made our way there! It was a chilly night, I left my MVFC scarf at the hotel because I wanted to buy an Allstars scarf... Would you believe that after checking every merch stand we could not find one piece of Aleague merchandise?!? This was the final nail in the coffin for me, why did they advertise this to aleague fans at all, they should have said aleague fans need not attend... I felt rolled and ripped off... Have since written an angry email to the FFA, to which I got no response... The best thing about it was the freedom of a child free weekend away with my love and some friends, the rest was a bit meh...


No comments: