Monday, July 8, 2013

Gold Coast Hospital Emergency Rooms

This past week we have been on holiday at the Gold Coast, at Melbourne airport Mace hurt his elbow... I wasn't sure how it was hurt, so I decided it would be best to watch him in flight, as I would at home, and go to the doctor if he didn't improve... In flight he didn't use his arm at all, and cried if I moved it, so we wet straight to the hospital...

The wait was maybe an hour, or a little more, they fast tracked him because he is a little one... They took X-rays which showed nothing, the lovely Scottish  Doctor got a senior practioner to check him out and she thought it might be a dislocated elbow... It was hard because Mace wasn't visably upset, only because we know him, we knew he was out of sorts, and the fact he wouldn't use the arm was setting off alarm bells!

They tried to put it in, which made him cry, broke my heart! Then gave him something similar to morphine to dull the pain while they pushed it back in... It took a second, and the next second he was back to normal! Just chillin, clearly high! Saying some pretty funny stuff... I was so happy, my baby boy was fine! The staff were all amazing, we had a really good experience... 

No comments: