Friday, July 5, 2013

Monet's Garden exhibition at the NGV...

When I heard this exhibit was coming, I was planning when we should go... Mark wasn't interested, I thought I might go alone... Marley and I were hanging out and saw an ad for it and she thought the waterlilies were beautiful... I asked her if she would like to come with me on Mace's crèche day in the school holidays, she was very excited about it, wanting to catch the train in, get a pink donut and see Daddy's work...

Many weeks on it is school holidays, we dropped Mace off at crèche, and hopped a train to the city... After a week of sunny and 17, it was windy and freezing! We rugged up and at times I held on to her in that wind, for dear life! The exhibition didn't open until ten, we were early... The water wall was really intriguing to her, she was quite ambivalent  about it, but eventually she touched it! We entered the exhibition and she was so cool about it... We talked about each piece of art, what she thought about it, content, colours and her impression of it, I was really mind blown about how interested she was! She really loved the art, as did I... Obviously the water lilies were amazing, I was also taken by the Houses of Parliament and Waterloo Station... We looked at every piece and left... The multimedia room at the end was too much for her, I fancied staying, but she is the ruler!
Next was a donut from Flinders St that she ate on the tram on the way to see Mark, and the long walk to Daddy's work! Back to the shops and on the train home... A lovely way to spend half a day!




No comments: