Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Moorings on Cavill Surfers Paradise Gold Coast

Before I book any accommodation I check trip advisor... I have stayed in many hotels, and aside from one in Sydney about 6 years ago, I haven't ever given one a bad review... Now I'm not saying that it's bad, but the pros and cons are about equal... If you want a budget apartment, that's what you will get... 

You get a big space, it's huge, two bedrooms, two bathrooms, separate laundry and kitchen... It's all very open, with big windows, a lovely balcony (room 18)... First alarm bells was the smell of cigarette smoke in the foyer, it's supposed to be non smoking... Some days you could smell it in the lounge room, with all doors and windows closed, Marley (4) asked of there was a fire... Then there is a great big GLASS coffee table, all glass, and we have a 2 and a 4 year old, that kept a level of stress the entire stay... The fixtures and fittings are old, this place would be amazing if updated! There was no cover on the back of the remote, just weeks after a kid died locally from swallowing a lithium battery... All of these things individually I could have dealt with, but as a group along with the terrible beds (my back never hurts, and right now it does) and polyester/cotton blend sheets, was just too much for me...

Location is quite central, a short walk everywhere, but to get anywhere, including the super close woolworths, you have to cross the Gold Coast HWY, I don't like to walk out on to super busy roads with small children... I'm sure at this point I sound fussy, but really, I'm not, it was just so many little negatives!

The pool area was genuinely beautiful, the big pool was heated, the spa was hot! A good time swimming, but the toddler/small children's pool was freezing! 

Almost certainly won't be back, just a bit too outdated and cheaply kept for me... The staff were nice, the parking was good... Pros and cons, just have to work out what works for you...

No comments: