Monday, July 8, 2013

Superheroes... For preschoolers...

I never really thought too much about super heroes before... I loved Wonder Woman as a girl, I remember one of Dads girlfriends used to do a WW spin for me when I was young that filled me with delight... Sure I saw a few superhero type films and old style tv shows in my time, but overall they haven't impacted my life too much... 

When I had kids I was very clear that I didn't want fighting/characters that fight, to be a part of our lives... And then came Mace, he isn't quite 2.5 but he has somehow found out about superheroes... It hasn't been unpleasant, he likes Darth Vader, who he says is 'naughty' and plays the naughty character in his imaginary play... Batman is a new one, he was warming to Batman and at the Gold Coast he drove it on home... He pretends to be Batman in his cape, running around like crazy, while Marley is SuperGirl or Catwoman, and I am Wonder Woman, we catch (not fight) the bad guys, and overall there is no violence... But the minute there is, all superhero merchandise will be put on ice until they are bigger...

No comments: