Thursday, October 24, 2013

Korma time...

Pre kids, curry was a huge part of our lives, many nights a week we would eat it, and love it! Lots of types, it sort of became my specialty. Then I got pregnant with Marley, and the smell of curry didn't sit with me, then we ate it out a couple times and it made me sick. Just like that, it was over. Poor Mark, taking away an easy vegetarian dish out of his life! We have been talking curry with people lately, and it has been on my mind, then out of the blue today, I decided it was time to go back. It was delicious, Marley disagreed!

Veggie korma

Big onion

2 garlic

Tblsp coriander

.5 Tblsp cumin

.5 Tblsp turmeric

.5 Tblsp garam masala

Chilli to your taste

1-2 cups veg water

1/2 cup pasata

Tin lentils

Cup of soy milk

Whatever veg you like

2 zucchini 

2 carrot


Fry up onion, garlic and spices, fry up veggies, add vegetable stock, pasata, boil up and let simmer for 20 mins or so. Pour in soy milk and keep simmering until you are ready to eat. At this point I stick blend almost half to beef it up a bit, give it a good texture. And serve, with rice or roti. Mmmmm

No comments: