Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Sound of Music Live...

I have always wanted to share the film The Sound of music with Marley, it meant so much to me as a youngster...  She is still not quite old enough for the film, but in rest time I put on the Sound of Music Live, and she was absolutely taken with it! We watched in one session, it is awfully long! I could not believe that she didn't switch her attention to something else in that time, she did want to fast forward the 'adults talking', which suited me as after hearing 'Nazi' she wanted to know about them, I went in gently, but was happy to eliminate that aspect from the movie...


Stephen Moyer as the captain, eeeeek!!! He just doesn't have what the original captain had! At all, he just looks angry the whole time... The thick American accents are awful, no one sounded refined like the actual film, Carrie Underwood is THE worst!!! She lacks acting ability and spunk which Maria is supposed to have, almost asking it unwatchable... Most characters lack natural facial expressions, it might be a theatre thing...

'I am sixteen' missed all the acting, and flirtation of the film.. It just felt like they wanted to remember the notes...

The storm/favourite things sequence being replaced with the goat herd song was wrong on every level, but Marley loved it!!! And thankfully they did include Edelweiss at the very end... 


Overall I wouldn't have enjoyed it, had my kids not been well in to it... I was so happy that they loved it, playing the sound of music imaginary play game afterwards, trying to act out the parts... When Mark got home, Marley ran up to him to tell him how her mum died  but then she got a new mum, he looked awfully confused until I explained that she was being Gretel... And little Mace was being Captain Von Trapp... I can't wait to take them to Salzburg one day, such a wonderful place...


No comments: