Friday, March 28, 2014

Sons of Anarchy: Night of mayhem at The Palace Melbourne

I love panels and I love Sons of Anarchy, it was a no brainier that I attend this... 

Dropped the $60 on a ticket to see Tig (Kim Coates), Juice (Theo Rossi) and Bobby Elvis (Mark Boone Jnr) talk about their experience working as actors on the show... I was concerned about it being at The Palace, having only ever seen panels in convention settings... I was right to be concerned... During the day, I rang The Palace to find out the running times, they said it should start around 8... We arrived at 7, to a massive queue as doors opened at 7.30, at 8 I called The Palace again, they said it would start at 8.30... Standing around waiting for an hour didn't impress me, especially with a random old biker film and bad music on, then a miserable dude performed... At 9.30 they came on... I stood still waiting for two hours waiting for a one hour panel... The host didn't know what he was doing... No charisma, no sense of how to lead the men into stories...

Boone sang a song, we watched a reel, they did the Q and A portion of the evening which after 2 hours of drinking were just repetitive, boring and outright embarrassing... It was awesome when they told a story or two, giving us a sense of themselves, their work etc... But overall it was too long and uncomfortable, and ultimately I left feeling pissed off and angry...

It was poorly organised and executed... Bad job on the organisers...

No comments: