Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Unbearable Lightness - Portia DeRossi

I wanted to read this book when it came out, but life got in the way... A couple of weeks ago, Amazon said it was on sale, so I downloaded it onto my kindle... And waited... I have to pick when I start a book, because if it is a good book, I won't get anything done until it is done...

I started it Sunday night, and finished it this morning... It was good.. Not in a feel good way, in fact I found most of it, maybe the first 90% terribly upsetting, but I had to know what happened, what changed for her to make her a happy human... I have read a lot about eating disorders and coming out, but the two combined in such detail, it was raw... I had bad dreams about it last night... And I am so happy that her life has brought her love and happiness...

This isn't your usual celebrity biography, this is a focused journey from the depths of anorexia and bulimia, to love and light... If you know anyone suffering an eating disorder, read it! I would honesty say to read it anyway... 

No comments: