Monday, July 13, 2015

Brooklyn Museum

Brooklyn Museum
As you enter Brooklyn Museum right now, there is a massive Kaws piece, love it!!! It's only $16 suggested donation and the staff made sure we knew we could pay less, but we felt that was a great price for the honour of checking out the sneaker and Basquait exhibits...
First things first, sneakers! This is a really good look at sneakers from the early 1900's through now... Some really beautiful sneakers in there... Lots of gems of knowledge, and a few pieces that we own too... Walking around one corner we saw an interview with an old friend from London, Kish, a massive sneaker head... Was dope to see!


Next Basquiat, the notes from
Basquait exhibit... This was a really random collection, some of it was amazing, and some so random, which gives some insight into the artist... Was definitely interesting, even with the one and two line pages... They had a shop up there so we grabbed a piece for our son... 
(We bought this for our sons room)

Ancient Egypt, if any museum has an ancient Egypt exhibit, I'm in... I can't get enough of ancient Egyptian art... It was a nice little collection...


Something that I LOVE about NYC is the sneaker culture... People keep their kicks fresh, clean... I don't know how in this city, the sneakers I wore already need a good clean... But I spend a lot of time looking at people's footwear on the subway and it seems to be across the board, it is not like this at home... 
I remember the first time we came here, everyone was wearing Nike uptowns, all white (I actually got married in a pair of these), now there is a bigger range, but a lot of Jordan's, and limited Jordan's, it warms my heart...
Home to chill a while, start the packing process! And it is a process indeed...

No comments: